Prevention Research Subcommittee (PRSC)
- March 24, 2022: Partnering with State Agencies for Selective Prevention
- Agenda & Notes
- Presentation: 2022 Legislative Session - Alicia Hughes, DBHR
- Presentation: Supporting LGBTQ+ Youth in Foster Care - Leah Rankin, MSW, Alliance for Child Welfare Excellence & Kevin Haggerty, PhD, UW Social Development Research Group
- Presentation: Prevention Opioid Misuse in Youth Transitioning Out of Juvenile Justice - Kym Ahrens, MD, MPH, Seattle Children's Hospital & Ted Ryle, LICSW, MSW, MA, Department of Children, Youth, & Families
- June 15, 2022
- September 18, 2022
- December 1, 2022
PRSC Mission Statement
To provide a forum for prevention researchers, policymakers, and practitioners to identify and address emerging and evolving substance use disorder prevention and mental health promotion service and research needs in Washington State by:
- Supporting the Washington State Health Care Authority, Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery's (HCA/DBHR) evaluation of prevention services.
- Assisting HCA/DBHR in: (a) defining the criteria for determining that a service is evidence-based; and (b) establishing a protocol for review and acceptance to a list of evidence-based services.
- Advocating for state funding of evidence-based and other effective prevention services.
- Establishing collaborations to initiate new research and share existing research on substance use disorder prevention and mental health promotion in order to improve HCA/DBHR’s prevention services.
- Promoting implementation science through the collaborative knowledge exchange of prevention researchers, HCA/DBHR, and other prevention-related state agencies and community organizations.
PRSC Presentation from National Prevention Network Conference 2021
Brittany Cooper, PhD, Washington State University; Sarah Mariani, CPP, Washington State Health Care Authority; Kevin Haggerty, PhD, University of Washington; Margaret Soukup, King County Public Health
The PRSC meets quarterly (March, June, September, December).
|Washington State University|
|University of Washington|
|Washington State Health Care Authority, Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery|
|Washington State Department of Health|
|Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction|
|Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board|
|Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, Research and Data Analysis|
|King County, Behavioral Health and Recovery Division|
|King County, Department of Community and Human Services|
|Washington State Institute for Public Policy|
|Foundation for Healthy Generations|
|Snohomish County Human Services|
|Northwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center|
|Leadership and Staff Support|
Co-Chair - Brittany Cooper, PhD
Co-Chair - Kevin Haggerty, MSW, PhD
Staff Support - Patricia Gomez
Staff Support - Tyler Watson, PhD, MPH
- December 2, 2021: Advocacy
- Presentation: Effective Data Visualization - Lori Palen, PhD, Data Soapbox
- Research Briefs - PRSC, UW Social Development Research Group, WSU IMPACT Research Lab, HCA Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery
- September 22, 2021: Prevention in Schools
- Presentation: COVID-19 Student Survey Findings - Jason Kilmer, PhD, University of Washington
- Presentation: School-Based SBIRT in King County - Margaret Soukup, King County Public Health
- Presentation: Forefront in the School - Phoebe Terhaar, CDP, Forefront Suicide Prevention
- June 23, 2021: Evidence-Based Programs
- Presentation: Identifying and Supporting Child Mental Health Treatment EBPs in WA State: Project Overview & Next Steps - Sarah Walker, PhD, Director, Evidence-Based Practice Institute, University of Washington
- Presentation: Lessons Learned on Creating a Compendium of EBPs for Hispanic Populations - Luis Vargas, PhD, Consultant, National Latino Behavioral Health Association
- March 25, 2021: COVID-19