Contractor fiscal and invoicing
This page is to support fiscal staff for entities contracted with the Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA), Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery (DBHR) for prevention and mental health promotion services, specifically Community Prevention and Wellness Initiative and community-based organization grantees. For more information on billing for Tribes and Urban Indian Organizations, visit Tribal Prevention and Wellness Program page.
Training for new contractors is held annually to review funding sources, unallowable costs, contracting and billing. Check the Athena Forum Training Calendar for upcoming events. You can also review the presentation from the January 2020 training.
The Substance Use Disorder Prevention and Mental Health Promotion Online Report System (Minerva) is the reporting system used by contractors to report on services.
- Billing tips – Instructions for successful billing of prevention services expenditures and how to submit prevention reimbursement invoices (A-19s).
- Contractor Tips for PDFs - Guidance to support fiscal staff with submitting invoices, specifically PDFs that are legible and include all template columns.
- Program Cost Clarification – Options for billing for certain program costs that are incurred prior to face-to-face direct services beginning.
- Electronic Signature Set-up – Step-by-step instructions for adding an electronic signature to a PDF.
- Digital Signature Set-up – Step-by-step instructions for creating a digital signature in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
Your assigned DBHR contract manager or Prevention@hca.wa.gov.