Integrating Commercial Tobacco Treatment in Behavioral Health Webinar Series
Despite enormous progress in reducing smoking, tobacco use is still the leading cause of preventable death in the United States and imposes a terrible toll on families, businesses and government. Anti-smoking efforts have not been directed toward people with behavioral health conditions as they have toward the general population resulting in tobacco-related disparities.
The Washington State Health Care Authority and Washington State Department of Health are excited to host summer webinars on integrating tobacco treatment in behavioral health. Expert speakers will share their experience, knowledge, and best practices on the topics of tobacco cessation, pharmacotherapy, intervention, youth and adult treatment including criminal justice populations, policy guidance, and integrating tobacco treatment into organizations.
This webinar series is ideal for behavioral health professionals, tobacco use dependence treatment (TUDT) professionals, tobacco intervention specialists, or any public health professional who is interested in strengthening their knowledge and skills.
- The Need for Addressing Tobacco in Behavioral Health Settings
- Changing the Treatment System Environment to Better Address Tobacco
- Quitline Services & Referrals
- Evidence-based Tobacco Treatment Pharmacotherapy for Use in Behavioral Health Settings
- Introduction to Motivational Interviewing for Tobacco Use Disorder
- Treating Youth Tobacco Use
- Treating Tobacco Dependence in Corrections Settings