WA Tribal Opioid Solutions Campaign enters Year 4
HCA is launching Year 4 of WA Tribal Opioid Solutions a media campaign to support education efforts around opioid misuse prevention and treatment. Campaign materials are informed by collaboration with tribal prevention and treatment partners across the state.
All materials in the campaign toolkit are free to download and use and include videos, social media graphics and print materials. Please share this resource with your networks!
Need more communications support? The campaign’s technical assistance program can help Tribes and tribal organizations with communications planning, custom design, paid advertising and printing to support opioid prevention and treatment messaging. Other Tribes and tribal organizations have used technical support to:
- Design and place local SnapChat ads to reach young people
- Develop a social media calendar and boost Facebook posts
- Create lawn signs for community members to place in their yards to show their support for prevention during stay-at-home mandates.
- Place campaign messages at local gas stations and convenience stores
- Put up custom billboards in high profile spots in the community
- Customize print materials like rack cards, brochures, informational magnets and stickers to promote local prevention, Narcan distribution and treatment services.
- Create and distribute a mailer on what to do in an overdose situation
- Adapt videos to be shown on screens at tribal health and cultural centers
- Request event kits to create an eye-catching table at events
Are you passionate about storytelling and representation?
As a response to feedback from tribal partners, the campaign is developing new custom video and photography to use in materials. If you or a colleague provide prevention or treatment services within a Tribe or tribal organization, consider joining the campaign’s review group to help shape future video PSAs. We are planning a creative brainstorming session in January.
To request technical assistance or join the campaign review group, email Jasmine Albinson and firstname.lastname@example.org