WA Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training (SAPST): Session 3 & 4
HCA/DBHR will provide this Washington Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training (SAPST) based upon a national curriculum developed by the federal Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP).
Series Training Dates:
- Session 1: Monday, August 29 - 9am - 3:30pm
- Session 2: Tuesday, August 30 - 9am - 3:30pm
- Session 3: Tuesday, September 6 - 9am - 3:30pm
- Session 4: Wednesday, September 7 - 9am - 3:30pm
- Define behavioral health and its relationship to substance misuse.
- Describe the Strategic Prevention Framework, SAMHSA’s five-step planning model.
- Identify the needs of vulnerable populations in order to improve cultural competency and more effectively address behavioral health disparities.
- Discuss effective approaches to collaborating across sectors to sustain prevention outcomes.
- Introduction to Substance Abuse Prevention: Understanding the Basics
- Basic terminology and facts
- History of substance use and prevention in the U.S.
- Addiction and the brain
- Effects and health risks of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Setting the Foundation: From Theory to Practice
- Behavioral health
- Institute of Medicine’s Continuum of Care
- Public health approach
- Risk and protective factors
- Developmental perspective
- Application: SAMHSA’s Strategic Prevention Framework
- Assessment, capacity, planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Cultural competence, sustainability