Tribal opioid misuse and suicide prevention campaign localization
HCA is launching Year 5 of WA Tribal Opioid Solutions Campaign to support education efforts around opioid misuse prevention and treatment, and the Department of Health (DOH) recently launched a Tribal Suicide Prevention Campaign to address mental health and suicide prevention in Indian Country. HCA and DOH collaborated to make sure the campaigns are complimentary, take a strengths-based approach and follow an inclusive consultation process with tribal prevention and treatment experts from across the state.
All materials in the opioid and suicide prevention campaign toolkits are free to use and include videos, social media graphics and print materials.. Please share this resource with your networks!
Need more communications support? HCA and DOH are offering technical assistance support to tribes, tribal organizations or urban Native nonprofits. Support can include customizing matrials, communications planning, paid advertising and printing. Other organizations have used technical support to:
- Design and place local Snapchat ads to reach young people
- Develop a social media calendar and boost Facebook posts
- Create lawn signs for community members to place in their yards to show their support for prevention during stay-at-home mandates
- Developed customized face masks with campaign messaging
- Customize print materials like rack cards, brochures, informational magnets and stickers with prevention and treatment messaging
- Adapt videos to be shown on screens at tribal health and cultural centers
- Request event kits to create an eye-catching table at events
To request technical assistance, email Jasmine Albinson and email@example.com or fill out the intake form here.