September is National Suicide Prevention Month
September is National Suicide Prevention Month, Sept. 8-14 is National Suicide Prevention Week, and Sept. 10 is World Suicide Prevention Day. National suicide prevention partners will be using #BeThere to track our messaging efforts this year. Here are other ways to get involved.
- The Suicide Prevention Resource Center created a 2-page Ideas for Action document.
- The National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention has a page with example e-blasts and partner agencies.
- The American Association of Suicidology has resources at #AAS365.
- California created a toolkit for National Suicide Prevention Week.
- The International Association for Suicide Prevention’s World Suicide Prevention Day page.
- Take 5 to Save Lives shares 5 steps we can all accomplish by World Suicide Prevention Day.
- #BeThere is daily used by the Veterans Crisis Line. Learn more about veteran suicide prevention strategies.
- If you want to share your story, the United Suicide Survivors International create an online course to help you feel informed, engaged, and empowered – Are You Thinking about Sharing Your Suicide Story?
- Highlighting the Role of the Public for Suicide Prevention Month/Week
- Last year, #Bethe1To was promoted nationally. Learn more about the 5 action steps promoted and read the 2018 DOH press release highlighting #Bethe1To and Washington resources.