Interested in working with us? Apply to the open Development and Strategic Initiatives Prevention Supervisor position!
Are you interested in impacting the health of wellness of individuals in Washington schools and communities as part of a team that is leading the nation in the advancement of prevention and promotion services? If so, consider applying to the open Development and Strategic Initiatives Prevention Supervisor position with the Health Care Authority's Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery.
This position supervises 8-12 direct reports, oversees and manages grants and budgets, provides visioning for current and future prevention and promotion services, guides workforce development training, facilitates visioning and implementation of prevention and promotion services, and leads the section in its equity efforts. If you have experience working with budgets, accounting, and grants management and you enjoy developing staff, come lead this supportive and dynamic unit in making a difference in the state of Washington.
Some of what you'll do:
- Responsible for the Washington State Substance Use Disorder Prevention and Mental Health Promotion strategic plan development and implementation, including coordination of the State Prevention Policy Consortium and workgroups.
- Manage state and federal grants through existing and new funding opportunities including but not limited to: grant management, grant writing, grant editing, grant deliverables, budget development, and budget administration.
- Assist in the expansion of community and school-based prevention and promotion services.
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert for opioid use disorder prevention efforts, discretionary prevention grants, and workforce development.
- Plan, organize, and lead the work performed by the Strategic Initiatives Unit.
- Supervision of 8-12 staff including hiring, onboarding, orientation, training, performance management, and professional development.
- Develop statewide policy.
- Develop and monitor budgets and contracts.
- Develop and implement policies and programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with state and federal partners.
- Oversee new initiatives to address prevention and promotion efforts.
- Oversee public education campaigns.
- Oversee research and evaluation efforts.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please view the full job posting.