Youth Marijuana Prevention Symposium - What Works
The Symposium, held on July 10, 2013, provided an overview of what is known at this time from researchers, professionals, academics, community advocates, and technicians. Education, policy, advocacy, strategic program implementation and coalition work continue to be essential.
Sponsors of the What Works Symposium include WASAVP, Washington State DBHR, the Department of Commerce (Community Mobilization), and Thurston TOGETHER.
- EBPs for Youth Marijuana Prevention Criteria Presentation - Julia Greeson
- Preliminary List of EBP List - DBHR
- Risk and Protective Factors of Youth Marijuana Use: Preliminary Findings Analiysis from HYS 2012 - Linda Becker, PHD,
- Evidence Based Programs: A Snapshot of the Research and Marijuana Prevention and Implementation Insights - Kevin Haggerty with video from Chuldley Werch
Lunch Keynote: What Everyone Needs to Know about Marijuana - Jonathan Caulkins, PhD.
- NW High Intensity Drug Trafficing Area - Steve Freng, PhD.
- Liquor Control Board - Mary Segawa
- Preventions WINs Coalition - Inga Manskopf
- Department of Health - Paul Davis
- WA Traffic Safety Commission - Jonna VanDyk
Mercer Island Communities that Care coalition educational video.
Closing Keynote: Moving Forward: The Role of Communities & Coalitions in Marijuana Prevention - Bill Geary, PhD.