Webinar: Building the Latinx prevention workforce
There are many destabilizing aspects of social adaptation in the United States for Latinos including discovering their career path. Prevention is not a very well known field in the Hispanic/Latino community although many protective factors used in prevention are inherent to the Latino family. The journey toward building the Latinx Prevention Workforce must pay careful attention to issues of ethnic and cultural sensitivity and overall cultural competence. We know that culture and language pose significant barriers to providing the appropriate workforce for some populations.
This webinar will examine the challenges and opportunities to build a Latinx prevention workforce.
- Identify the Latinx Community
- Understand Language as a barrier and as a benefit
- Discuss workforce Issues affecting Latinx individuals
- Define workforce challenges and barriers
- Provide Actionable Solutions