Transforming our Communities: Sharing Innovations to Reduce Harms for People Who Use Drugs
This 2-day annual event from the UW's Addictions, Drug & Alcohol Institute aims to bring diverse participants together to understand the perspectives of people who use drugs, understand the importance of equitable access to care and services, build partnerships and connect people within their communities, and brainstorm new and fresh ideas. Presentations and discussions will be interactive.
- Autonomy: people have the right to choose what works best for them.
- Partnering: how we can bring people in closer and walk next to each other
- Change: how norms, policies, and practices are evolving
- Policy: how it can be informed by people with lived/living experience
- Adolescents & young adults: substance use disorder/opioid use disorder
- Changing routes of ingestion: impact on harm reduction services & engagement
Find out more about this event and watch recordings from previous year's events on ADAI's Transforming Our Communities webpage.