Substance Use Disorder Professional Supervisor - Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Type: Full time permanent
Location: Yakima WA
Go to WWW.YVFWC.COM to apply.
Oversees daily operations of Substance Use Disorders (SUD) at Behavioral Health Services. This position is responsible for clinical supervision of SUD staff and ensures the program meets state, federal, and grant standards. This position serves as a liaison to Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) medical providers and community partners and provides treatment services to patients.
Relocation offered for candidates outside of the Yakima Valley!
- Oversees the licensed substance use treatment program and ensures compliance with all regulations.
- Responsible for ongoing process improvement and development of new programming and service delivery projects involving substance use for the organization.
- Provides subject matter expert input for policy development involving substance use service delivery in the organization.
- Develops and oversees reporting to probation, courts and outside organizations, insuring reports are complete, timely and accurate.
- Represents Behavioral Health Services at community meetings relevant to provision of SUD services and keeps up to date on changes in the SUD field.
- Provides clinical supervision to SUD staff.
- Monitors the competency of each staff person’s skills and abilities related to provision of treatment services. Facilitates additional training as needed.
- Conducts regular review of clinical records to ensure compliance and quality, including formal in-depth annual reviews of a sample of clinical records maintained by clinical staff.
- Reviews curriculum for continued relevance and application to patient population and initiates changes within evidence-based guidelines.
- Provides treatment to patients in individual and group settings including SUD assessments, brief treatment services, and crisis response.
- Adheres to all national standards for clinical work for both diagnoses and treatment and insures all program patients are admitted, maintained in treatment, discharged and/or transferred to another level of care as appropriate.
- Works with patients, family members and involved community supports to implement treatment plans.
- Ensures program patients obtain additional healthcare services if needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Associate in Arts Degree in Addiction Studies, Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, Counseling, Mental Health or related field.
- Experience: Four years' experience working in a behavioral health setting providing direct services in substance use disorder treatment, including two years of supervisory experience. A total of four years’ experience is required. Direct service experience working with youth in a behavioral health setting preferred.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: Substance Use Disorder Professional (SUDP) licensure required. Meet qualifications of a Washington State approved Substance Use Disorder Professional supervisor: Three thousand hours' experience in a state approved substance use disorder treatment agency; or any combination of hours and substitutions per WAC 246-811-049. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/First Aid certification within 45 days of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. This position is not eligible for bilingual differential pay. Knowledge of American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) diagnostic and treatment level criteria Knowledge of the most current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) and multi-axial evaluation Ability to conduct functional assessments. Ability to work with patients with complex or multiple diagnoses. Knowledge of Revised Code of Washington (RCWs) and Washington Administrative Codes (WACs) as related to the provision of services. Knowledge of culturally relevant resources available including services for monolingual, non-English speaking consumers and Native American consumers. Ability to deliver advanced evaluative techniques of personality, academic, behavioral and cognitive domains to support a comprehensive treatment action plan. Knowledge of personnel and systems management approaches. Knowledge of therapeutic approaches to substance use disorders. Ability to effectively express ideas verbally and in writing in individual and group settings. Effective presentation skills with groups of all sizes. Ability to convey complex details in a simplified manner. Ability to effectively coordinate with state social workers, probation officers, school personnel and others to meet the treatment needs of youth in the program.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.