Program Specialist 3
Take your prevention skills to a whole new realm! Tackle one of the most challenging community health factors that affects everyone: traffic safety. Whether you're a driver, a passenger, a walker, or a roller, our traffic safety culture is relevant to all. Join our dynamic team and get to work catalyzing positive traffic safety culture for every community in Washington so everyone safely gets where they're going.
Who we are:
Washington’s Traffic Safety Commission (WTSC) leads statewide efforts and builds partnerships to save lives and prevent serious injuries on our roadways for the health, safety, and benefit of our communities. Our small agency of just 27 employees manages Washington’s behavioral traffic safety programs having a direct impact on preventing impaired driving, distracted driving, speeding, and other high-risk behaviors that lead to traffic deaths and injuries. Join our team today to help make Washington’s roadways the safest in the nation!
What you will be doing:
This position provides administrative, logistical, and technical support services to the Programs and Services Division and administrative support to members of the Executive Team. This position is also responsible for assisting higher-level staff in the management of specialized components of statewide traffic safety programs, including planning and coordination for select statewide advisory boards and committees.
Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in planning, policy analysis, coordination, and consultation with a variety of public and private agencies, organizations and/or levels of government.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to interpret information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with meeting coordination and preparation of minutes.
- Experience with Microsoft 365.
- Ability to travel to meeting and event locations in-state and out-of-state, internal, and external venues, transporting meeting materials, setting up meeting rooms, etc.
- Attention to detail and extensive editing and proofreading skills are essential.
Learn more at State of Washington Job Opportunities | Work that Matters (governmentjobs.com) or contact Program Director, Wade Alonzo, 360-725-9875, email@example.com