PPE Available from DOH
The state personal protective equipment (PPE) backstop has been available to help support state agencies, counties, tribes and other partners through the COVID-19 pandemic. As the state transitions into this next phase of the response to COVID-19, we are working to get PPE staged at the local level, where it is most useful.
The state backstop will be available to meet COVID-19 PPE requests through Oct. 31, 2021.
Now is the time to submit requests for PPE to the state backstop. State, local, and tribal agencies, partner associations, health care providers and businesses are encouraged to order PPE to return state backstops to pre-COVID levels and allow entities to utilize existing, available PPE before it expires. Organizations are able to order up to a 90-day supply of PPE from the state backstop.
After Oct. 31, availability of PPE from the state backstop and the process for ordering will change. These future processes are currently under development and will be communicated to partners broadly.
State, local, and tribal agencies, partner associations, health care providers and businesses needing PPE can order from the state backstop. Department of Health (DOH) Prioritization Guidelines for Allocation of Personal Protective Equipment are available. Not all facilities or individuals that request or need access to PPE may be captured within these tiers. Local emergency management agencies need to use their best judgement around how to prioritize those facilities and individuals in order to best serve their communities.
- Contact your local county emergency management agency to determine how orders should be placed with them, they are able to answer questions about the forms and ordering process.
- Complete the forms/process provided from the local emergency management.
- If local emergency management is able to fill this request from their supply, they will let you know how that process will be completed.
- If local emergency management is not able to fill this request, they will send the request to the state for fulfillment.
State agencies, federally recognized tribes, and local emergency management agencies are eligible to submit requests directly to the state.
To place this request, complete both order forms below and submit them to the State Emergency Operations Center via WebEOC.
- Washington Resource Request Form ICS 213 RR (PDF)
- PPE order form (XLS)
For more information, email PPE@doh.wa.gov.