Overdose prevention, harm reduction, and treatment series
Still need classes for your Certified Prevention Professional (CPP) credential? Here’s an exciting training opportunity for you!
The Washington Poison Center is offering a free series on overdose prevention, harm reduction, and treatment. Over the course of two weeks (August 8-19), you'll explore unintentional and intentional factors that can lead to overdose, how to respond to different overdose situations, how to prevent and reduce harm from overdose, and how to access resources and treatment in the state of Washington.
Sessions are typically 60-90 minutes in length.
- 8/8, Preventing Overdose: Risks, Relevant Science, and Prevention Opportunities on College Campuses
- 8/9, Resources for Teens on Substance Use will be released throughout the day
- 8/11, Medications for Opioid Use Disorder
- 8/15, Youth Mental Health First Aid
- 8/15, Ask Us Anything*
- 8/16, Intentional Exposures in Older Adults
- 8/17, Stimulants 101
- 8/17, An Exploration of Withdrawal
- 8/18, videoclips released throughout the day featuring Adolescent Self-Poisoning: Discussions with Local Experts
- 8/19, Drug checking 101
- 8/19, 2:30: Meet our Toxicologists