National Suicide Prevention Month resources
September is National Suicide Prevention Month, September 10-16 is National Suicide Prevention Week, and Sunday, September 10 was World Suicide Prevention Day. If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal ideation call or text 988. You can also chat via 988lifeline.org. There are people and resources to help. Below are resources for community providers or members:
- Promote 988. SAMHSA has a partner toolkit to assist with partner collaboration and communication planning.
- The Suicide Prevention Resource Center offers Ideas for Action.
- Promote Washington State Department of Health approved suicide prevention social media campaigns like #BeThere or #BeThe1To.
- Host a suicide prevention gatekeeper training like Mental Health First Aid or Question, Persuade, and Refer (QPR).
- Promote educational suicide prevention programs that teach youth about the signs and symptoms of suicidal ideation and promotion of mental health.
- Attend a mental health promotion or suicide prevention training or workshop. Visit The Athena Forum's training calendar to view upcoming opportunities!