National essay contest on mental health for high school students
The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD), and Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) are co-sponsoring the “Speaking Up About Mental Health! This Is My Story” national essay challenge. Cash prizes will be awarded.
High school students from 16-18 years of age are invited to address ways to eliminate or reduce mental health stigma and foster resilience among youth. Essay topics may include:
- Resilience and coping during challenging times
- School policies or practices that could help reduce stigma
- Conversations about mental health or related stigmas
- Barriers to mental health treatment
- Other areas of concern to individuals and their communities with respect to mental health
Access details and entry forms for submissions due April 30.