Minerva knowledge base
Welcome to the Minerva Knowledge Base which includes a comprehensive set of Minerva reference documents, quick step guides, and past training presentations on the following topics:
- General reference, including the User Guide
- Minerva reports
- Reporting by CPWI and CBO contractors
- Tribal prevention
- Specific prevention programs
Visit the main Minerva page for:
- Account management (for new users)
- Login to Minerva
- View the Minerva TA Call schedule on our calendar.
Reference documents for all system users
- User guide - **Update: June, 10, 2019** The User Guide has been updated to reflect the addition of a survey under (R) Management Problems and the measurable objective Family Management Skills, plus a few other minor edits to formatting and other errors. The separate Survey Selection document was updated as well. The Minerva User Guide Version 3.0 is now available. Click the link to the left to view this updated guide, which provides the key information needed to use Minerva. The guide has been completely update to make it easier to follow, with new screenshots and links! Below, please find a few key guidance documents that can also be found as specific sections within the User Guide.
- Minerva Icons and Tools: Throughout Minerva, there are a lot of different actions that system users can take – usually by clicking a “button.” This quick guidance document describes each action and shows an example of what the buttons look like. Minerva Icons and Tools are described in Section 1, Table 3 of the complete Minerva User Guide.
- Tracking Funding in Minerva: **Updated April 25, 2019** This updated guidance on Tracking Funding in Minerva provides information on how and why to track funding in Minerva, including at the organization and program level. This is also covered in Section III of the Minerva User Guide. Note - this replaces the previous guide on Budget allocation in Minerva.
- Survey Selection Guide: **Updated June 10, 2019 to add a survey under (R) Family Management Problems** Use the Survey Selection Guide to identify surveys. The first column includes risk and protective factors and the second column lists measurable objectives. Don't see an expected survey? Contact your System Manager. Complete information on surveys is included in Section IX of the Minerva User Guide. Note - this document replaces the previous guide on survey selection in Minerva.
Need to see a survey? Click this link to open a zip folder of PDFs of all available surveys: Available surveys [updated November 22, 2017].
- All System User Training - This presentation includes basic instructional information for users new to Minerva. This information included is covered in the Minerva User Guide [posted March 31, 2020].
- Reporting Training in Minerva - **UPDATE: April 11, 2019** Use this updated guidance document on Reporting Training in Minerva for an explanation on why we report training using the "Training Program Profile," along with a description of the steps needed to successfully report training! [updated April 11, 2019; September 22, 2017].
- DBHR's reporting requirements - DBHR's requirements for reporting per our contracts. Note: For descriptive purposes only; does not replace contract [posted August 31, 2017].
- Program start up activities - Report activities such as curriculum purchases or orientations [updated November 22, 2017].
- Planning for data entry - A guide that defines data entry types used in Minerva and includes a comprehensive Checklist to help plan for data entry (may be adapted for local use) [November 22, 2017].
- Collaborating with schools to collect student information - Suggestions on how to work with schools when implementing school-based programs.
- Collecting and reporting personally identifiable information - A description of why DBHR requires certain information to be reported, and information on HIPAA.
- Minerva 1.0 New User Full Day Training – This presentation includes some basic information around utilizing Minerva 1.0 as a new user.
Reference documents on Minerva reports
- Minerva Reports Management - Starting on May 1, 2019 we will be implementing this policy on reports in Minerva. This applies to DBHR staff and all system users in the field. Key ideas: if a report is going to be used for contract monitoring, it must be downloaded, saved per organization records management policies, and deleted from Minerva especially since Minerva is a “live system” and reports reflect data in the system at the time reports are run. Delete reports from Minerva immediately if not needed to be saved, or within 60 days. Otherwise, they will be deleted within 60 days. Please manage your own reports!
- Minerva Reports Guidance - descriptions of all Minerva reports currently available in the system. Will be updated as new reports come available. This includes the three documents listed below [February 28, 2019].
- Planning Reports - a description of the Program on a Page Report, the Activity Log on a Page Report, and the Planning Report. Designed for all System Users, these reports will help with setting up Program Planning Profiles and Activity Logs [August 30, 2018].
- Services by Performing Entity and Program Report - a complete guide to requesting the SPEPR and suggestions for how to use this report [date of update: October 29, 2018]
- Tribal Annual Report - reference regarding starting and completing a Tribal Annual Narrative for Prevention Programming in Minerva and downloading information entered into the "Tribal Annual Reporting" section of Minerva.
Reference documents for Community-based Organizations (CBOs) and Community Prevention and Wellness Initiative (CPWI) communities
- CPWI community coalition - Program Profile - Create a Program Profile for Community Coalition meetings [updated September 14, 2017].
- CPWI community coalition - Activity Logs - Follow these steps to correctly create up to four (4) Activity Logs for Coalition meetings. Report Coalition meetings (as sessions) in the appropriate Activity Log [updated September 22, 2017].
- Environmental strategies and information dissemination - A comprehensive guide on Environmental Strategies and Information Dissemination. Create Program Profiles, Activity Log(s), and Enter Session Details [June 2017].
- CPWI Coalition Assessment Tool - This annual survey is to gather information from the coalition members about the organization and functioning of the coalition. Word version can be downloaded here. [updated October 5, 2021].
Reference documents for Tribal prevention partners
- Visit the Athena Forum's page on Tribal prevention and wellness programs via this link: https://www.theathenaforum.org/resources-for-providers/tribal-prevention-and-wellness-programs.
- CSAP Strategies - a short description of CSAP Strategies, including examples of types of Prevention programs per Strategy [August 30, 2018].
- IOM Categories - a short description of IOM Categories [August 30, 2018].
- Risk and Protective Factors - a short description of Risk Factors and Protective Factors [August 30, 2018].
Reference documents for specific programs
- Good Behavior Game - Follow these steps to correctly build a Program Profile for the GBG, create Activity Logs, and Enter Session Details. This also applies to many other multiple teacher, multiple classroom programs [Updated December 21 2017].
- Mentoring and one-to-one services - slides from June 22, 2017 TA Call.