Opioid STR Grant
The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery (DSHS/DBHR) intends to award up to five new grants to public agencies or community-based organizations to provide prevention services to high-need communities.
Grants will be available to eligible high-need communities for services that provide high quality and culturally competent replications of evidence-based and research-based substance use prevention programs and strategies that focus on reducing the misuse and abuse of opioids using a community coalition-driven and data informed process. We call this model the Community Prevention and Wellness initiative (CPWI).
Eligible applicants will include local community-based non-profit organizations and public agencies with youth and family-serving capacity who demonstrate excellence in service delivery to high-need communities.
Based on a comprehensive review of relevant data, the DSHS/DBHR has identified twenty Washington State communities that meet specific criteria of need for CPWI services to prevent the misuse and abuse of opioid drugs, alcohol and other drugs.
Qualified grant applicants within the following twenty communities identified by school districts or in some cases high school attendance areas and their feeder schools are eligible to apply for this grant funding:
|Clallam||Cape Flattery Area||Cape Flattery|
|Clark||Vancouver||Fort Vancouver HS**|
|Grant||Grand Coulee Dam Area||Grand Coulee Dam|
|Pacific||South Bend||South Bend|
|Pierce||Tacoma||Mount Tahoma HS**|
|Skagit||Mt. Vernon||Mt. Vernon|
|Walla Walla||Burbank||Columbia School District|
** Attendance area and Feeder Schools
For a downloadable copy of this funding announcement click here.
Regional Bidder Forums
We are inviting any community organization or individual to come meet with DBHR prevention staff in-person to learn more about the Community Prevention and Wellness Initiative (CPWI) and this expansion opportunity. Please invite community contacts that you have to attend & learn how they can support the development or enhancement of a coalition in their community should an application be submitted. This would be a great place to gather sector support signatures for your application!
The following Forums are scheduled so far- please register to let us know that you plan to attend. Check back often for the latest updates.
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 2:00 PM - East Whatcom Regional Resource Center - 8251 Kendall Road, Maple Falls 98266 Please Register https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WGX7J77
- Thursday, May 11, 2017, 3:30 PM - Quincy Police Department - 223 1st Avenue SW, Quincy 98848. Please register https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7YRRV6W
- CANCELED Friday, May 12, 2017, 3:30 PM - Spokane Downtown Library (Conference Room 1B) - 906 W Main Ave, Spokane 99201.
- Friday, May 12, 2017, Noon - Center for Community Health,1601 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver, 9866. Please Register https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WBFH85M
- CANCELED Monday, May 15, 2017 1:30 PM - Richland Public Library Conference Room - 995 Northgate Drive, Richland 99352.
- Thursday, May 18, 2017 2:30 PM - ESD 101, Classroom 1 - 4202 South Regal Street, Spokane 99223 https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7YB59KY
- Monday, May 22, 2017 4:00 PM - Greater Tacoma Convention and Trade Center, Room 318 - 1500 Commerce St, Tacoma 98402 https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SWDRQJW
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017 3:30 PM - Sunnyside Fire Station - 513 S 8th Street, Sunnyside 98944 https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/72ZM3D8
Request for Applications (RFA) Packet
- Request for Application - Full Packet
- Request for Application Instructions and Project Narrative
- Appendix A - Application Face Page
- Appendix B - New Contractor Intake
- Appendix C - Sector Support Statement (to develop new coalition)
- Appendix D - Community Coalition Support Agreements (existing coalitions)
- Appendix E - School District Letter of Support
- Appendix F - School District Readiness to Benefit Information
If considering submitting an application for this funding, we recommend you review this Questions and Answers document. It will be updated on Fridays. [added May 12, 2017]
An Informational Webinar about this funding opportunity was held on May 2. PowerPoint slides.
Overview of STR Grant
The funding for this CPWI expansion is just part of a larger grant secured by the State of Washington. This Overview Document contains information on the other projects and services funded by this grant.
Please contact Stephanie Atherton at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 206.818.0835 about this announcement and to let us know if you’re interested or able to provide recommendations and referrals to qualified applicants.